Most traditional brick and mortar retailers are sitting on a gold mine of knowledge and they don’t even know it.
The reason most customers come to your store is to solve a pain point or satisfy perceived need. Yes, even those who are simply “just looking.”
Internally, customers are gathering data to formulate a well-informed decision about whether or not they want to purchase one of your products.
They are seeking answers.
But what if they didn’t need to come into your store to find those answers? Better yet, what if you could sell those answers?
That’s when having a membership site with an integrated eLearning platform comes in handy.
What would I sell?
If you are a brick and mortar retail owner ask yourself this: What are the top 5 most frequently asked questions in your store?
Go ahead make a list.
Now out of those list of 5, how many could you convert into a detailed course full of videos, downloadable PDFs, and lessons?
If the answer is 3 or more, you have what it takes to create and sell courses online to your customers (even those who haven’t visited your store).
What do I need to get started?
Even if you aren’t tech savvy, at least knowing what you need to get started is helpful. Here at Brick & Click Co we rely on the following tools to build our our membership and eLearning platforms:
- WordPress – obviously
- WP Engine – Hosts all of our sites (perfect for sites with lots of visitors and content)
- Memberpress – premium plugin for managing the membership side
- LearnDash – premium plugin that’s great for building online courses directly on your site
Our workflow to get the site up and running generally looks like this:
- Install Memberpress and create different membership levels (ex Gold, Silver, Bronze)
- Install Learndash and create at least 3 courses to launch
- Once Memberpress and Learndash are both installed and activated an option becomes available in each of the memberships to assign access to courses. (ex Gold members receive access to all 3 courses, Silver to 2, and Bronze to only 1).
- When some one signs up for a membership, they are then directed to a dashboard with all of their available courses!
There is obviously more behind the set up however, these two plugins alone are enough to handle 80% of a membership and eLearning platform.
What about the other 20%?
Well, that comes from you!
As much as we love building custom sites for our clients, our passion lies in helping you grow your business.
Since every business is unique we prefer working directly with our clients to develop a strategy to grow awareness about their site and get customers converted to members.
We’ve found that Facebook marketing, content marketing, and point of sale marketing generally yield the best results. We are always trying and testing new ways to help grow our clients’ businesses.
If you have knowledge to share (or sell!) and a passion for your business, a membership site might just be the thing you need.
MEMBERSHIP AND ECOMMERCE SITES ARE HARD TO BUILD, WE MAKE IT EASY
Zero to revenue in 1 month. Download our case study to learn more:
We built a custom subscription site for a client
Now they made $30,000 in the site's first 3 months. Download our case study to learn more.